Treatment Admission criteria
- Admission is available to clients irrespective of their race, ethnicity, gender, culture, ideology, political or religious beliefs, and sexual orientation
- Clients must be over the age of 18
- Clients can be either male or female
- Clients need to have a working knowledge of English. However provision will be made as far as possible, to assist clients who may not have English as their first language.
- The programme at Ixande is appropriate for individuals who have a history of substance abuse/dependency, alcohol abuse/dependency, eating disorder, gambling addiction, co-dependency or sex addiction.
- If you or someone you love needs help, please contact us for information and assistance.
Getting ReadyIn order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items:
- Modest bathing costume and beach towel
- Tracksuit and sports shorts and t-shirts - we do lots of exercise!
- Comfortable walking / trainer shoes and sandals or ‘slip slops’
- Toiletries (no spray deodorants, perfume or aftershave)
- Hat (and sunscreen protection)
- Modest sleep wear and slippers
- An alarm clock or watch with alarm
- Haridyer / shaver with international adapter (if necessary)
- Medication and valid prescription
- World call card (to contact your family)
BillingOnce you or your loved one has been assessed and accepted for treatment, we will inform you of the date of the next available bed.
We will provide you with an invoice on presentation of your full name, ID / Passport number, street address and medical aid details (if applicable).
In order to obtain Medical Aid authorisation, we will require the Medical Aid name and number, as well as the name and date of birth of the main member.
Should you be travelling from overseas please be sure to take out a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy. Visa's may be required for visitors from certain countries.
Please check with your Embassy.
If you have any questions about these materials or documents, please contact us or call +27 21 761 7348